Emergency Response to Indonesia Lombok Island Earthquake
We introduce our latest activities and information on official Facebook Account
Please see the latest project content · subsidy amount and period.
NGO Activities(PDF 65KB) As of 14 March 2019
Activities Map(PDF 276KB) As of 14 March 2019
- On Aug 5 in the night, a 7-magnitude tremor struck the eastern neighborhood islands of Bali, the West Nusa Tenggara province of East Lombok. The number of deaths by the earthquake and aftershock has reached 435, and more than 27,000 houses※1 has destroyed.
- JPF started an emergency initial investigation※2 on August 6 with PWJ, the member NGO. The investigation was conducted in the urban region of Mataram and the neighborhoods where the massive disruption was recorded; information about the disaster situation was collected, communicating with the local government, the UN affiliates, several NGOs and the affected people.
- Power and telecommunication networks are still severed in many areas and the bridges collapsed by the landslides are blocking access to the affected area. Therefore, the whole picture of the damage is not completely understood. In the isolated area, water, food, shelter and medical assistance is required. In the high altitude affected areas, the temperature falls intensively in the morning and at night, results in high demand for daily commodities such as blankets.
- Some areas are still without sufficient support from the governments and international organizations, therefore JPF decided to provide support to fill the gap for the affected people in collaboration with the local government and the local NGOs. Currently, the member NGO PWJ is preparing to deliver goods such as daily essentials, water and sanitation aid for the affected people.
Emergency Response to Indonesia Lombok Island Earthquake Overview
|Term||30th, August, 2018～31th, May, 2019|
|Budget||120 million yen (government subsidies)
※In consideration of the seriousness of the impacts and local needs, we decided to expand our funds. (See above updated information 20th, December, 2018)
※In consideration of the seriousness of the impacts and local needs, we decided to expand our funds. (See above updated information 21th, September, 2018)
|Location||The affected areas as Lombok Island|
|Support||Delivering goods, water and sanitation aid|
|Parties in action||Radio FMYY (FMYY)
Peace Winds Japan (PWJ)
Japan Platform (JPF)
International Bank Transfer
- Bank name
- MUFG Bank, Ltd. (Swift Code: BOTKJPJT)
- Head Office
(Bank Address: 2-7-1, Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8388, Japan)
- Account Type
- Account No.
- Account name
- TOKUHI JAPAN PLATFORM
Become a Monthly Supporter
- Monthly Supporters can select to donate through credit card or bank transfers.
http://www.japanplatform.org/monthly/ [In Japanese only]
Request for Receipt
If you require a receipt, please send an e-mail with the subject "Receipt Request" to communication(@)japanplatform.org, with the following the form filled out and attached.
Download Request for Receipt (Word document 49KB)
Regarding Bank Transfers
In the case of bank transfer, we apologize for the inconvenience, but as we are unable to discern individual deposits, we ask that you please email communication(@)japanplatform.org and request a receipt.